The Thai Wedding ceremony will be held in an air-condition glass room with partial view of the sea. The ceremony will begin no later than 10.00am. This 90-minute long wedding ceremony must be completed before 12-noon to allow the Buddhist monks to return to their monastery.
Number of guests
The room where the actual ceremony will be conducted accommodates 12 persons. There is an adjacent non air-condition room (standing only) which can accommodate up to 20 guests.
Did You Know
Buddhism is as much philosophy as it is religion. The open minded and tolerant nature of the faith allows the monks to perform wedding rituals for those who have never practiced the religion or have little knowledge about Buddhism.
The traditional ceremony sequence marks the couple's sacred commitment to lifelong togetherness. This ceremony is called “Sai Moong Kon”, where the couple is blessed by the monk's prayers and where their engagement will be marked by draping a sacred flower chain around their head, symbolizing their commitment to one another.
Gifts and small donations are presented by the couple to the monks to honor their blessing – included in the package price.
After the blessing ceremony by the monks, it is time for family and friends to offer their blessings to the couple. They do this by pouring holy water over the couple's hands. This ceremony is called “Rot Naam Sang”. Our team will be on hand to guide the couple throughout the ceremony.
Thai Wedding Package includes:
- Ceremonial decorations at the wedding venue
- Professional hairdresser services for the Bride
- Thai Wedding offerings to 5 monks
- “Sai Moong Kon” blessing ceremony by monks
- “Rot Naam Sang” water blessing ceremony by family and friends
- Dara Samui Marriage MoU Certificate (symbolic, non-legal)
- Complimentary upgrade from Deluxe Room to Dara Villa from the day of the wedding ceremony
- Floral decoration and deluxe fruit basket set-up in the room on the wedding day
- One bottle of sparkling wine in the room
- Room service breakfast on the first morning after the wedding
- Private two–way transfer Samui Airport – Dara Samui – Samui Airport for Bride & Groom
Our Thai Wedding package is priced Thai Baht (THB) 69,000 inclusive of 10% service charge, 7% government tax, gifts and donations to Thai monks, “Sai Moong Kon” blessing and “Rot Naam Sang” blessing. Price does not include accommodation, entertainment, food and beverage.
Our wedding package price applies to guests staying in Dara Samui Beach Resort. Special room discount will be extended to wedding guests who makes a direct room reservation.